Terrell Hills — located between Uptown San Antonio, Midtown San Antonio, Downtown San Antonio, and Fort Sam Houston (a U.S. Army post). Terrell Hills is bordered on the west by Alamo Heights, on the east by Fort Sam Houston, on the north by Uptown San Antonio, and on the south by San Antonio's Near East Side. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The community is named after Dr. Frederick Terrell, a local bank president who had served as mayor of San Antonio in 1901. Development of the community began in 1919, when Dr. Terrell sold 22.5 acres of property to a private association called the Terrell Hills Community. This organization managed the community until 1939, when it incorporated as a municipality.
Most residents are zoned to the Alamo Heights Independent School District. Howard Early Childhood Center in San Antonio, Woodridge Elementary School in San Antonio, Alamo Heights Junior High School in San Antonio, and Alamo Heights High School in Alamo Heights serve Terrell Hills.
A small portion of Terrell Hills is served by the North East Independent School District. The portion is served by Wilshire Elementary School, Garner Middle School, and MacArthur High School, all in San Antonio.
Search in Terrell Hills