Leon Valley was developed in the 1940s as a farming community on Bandera Road between Helotes and San Antonio. In 1952 residents filed a petition for incorporation as an independent city since the residents did not wish to be annexed by San Antonio. Leon Valley incorporated in 1954 under the leadership of its founding mayor, Raymond Rimkus. In 1960, it had a population of 536 and by 1970 Its population grew to 1,960. In 1990 it had 9,581 people.
Leon Valley Residents are zoned to schools in the Northside Independent School District.
Leon Valley is served by the following elementary schools:
Leon Valley is served by the following middle schools:
Leon Valley is served by the following high schools:
Leon Valley also operates the Leon Valley Public Library.
Search in Leon Valley